An Explanation of the Regalia to be Worn in the Lodge by Members
1. Q: I am a visitor. What regalia must I wear at a meeting of Goose and Gridiron Lodge?
A: If you are a visitor, you wear the regalia you would wear in your own craft lodge.
2. Q: I am a joining member. What regalia do I wear?
A: If you are a joining member of Goose and Gridiron lodge you must wear the regalia you wear under UGLE. You may not wear the regalia of your own jurisdiction.
3. Q: I am a master mason, what apron do I wear?
A: You wear a light-blue apron with rosettes.
4. Q: I am an installed master/past master. What apron do I wear?
A: You wear a light-blue apron with levels.
5. Q: I am a past master of a lodge in my own jurisdiction. Do I wear also an UGLE past master's collar?
A: Although you are recognized as a past-master, entitled to the prefix Worshipful, and entitled to be present at the Board of Installed Masters at an Installation meeting (the 'Inner Working'), you do not wear a past masters collar. That is restricted to those who have been master of a lodge under UGLE ( e.g. IL9659).
6. Q: What breast jewels may I wear?
A: If you are member of the HRA, you may wear you HRA jewel and the appropriate ribbon, which is worn closest to the centre of the body. If you are a past master you may wear a past masters breast-jewel.
7. Q: Do I wear white gloves?
8. Q: What is appropriate dress?
A: Dark suit with white shirt is appropriate, or you can wear morning dress (short black coat with striped trousers).
9. Q: What tie is appropriate?
A: Black, or Craft or Provincial (East Lancs) tie is permitted. You can obtain an East Lancs tie from the Tyler.
10. Q: Are brown shoes permitted?
A: Black is the preferred shoe color.
11. Q: I am a Worshipful Master of a lodge and in my jurisdiction I wear my master's collar at all lodge meetings. Do I wear it at a meeting of Goose and Gridiron?
A: See the answer to Questions 5. An exception would be if you as a Master of your lodge are invited for an official visit to Goose and Gridiron. Then you would be a "visitor".
Copyright 2021 Goose & Gridiron Lodge No. 1717. All rights reserved.